[GeoJSON] Transactional JSON model

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Thu Mar 15 13:30:01 PDT 2007

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> One of the things I need to do for OpenLayers is save vector features to
> a server. Saving features at the moment is only supported via WFS-T,
> since that's the only transactional model in existence.
>
> I would like to see, as part of the GeoJSON effort, a transactional
> model to wrap around features that supports Insert/Update/Delete. I'm
> actually pretty happy with the GeoJSON format already proposed by Sean
> Gillies/The Pleiades project. I just want something else to wrap around
> it :)
>
> Is there anything out there that's currently serving the JSON format
> described on http://wiki.geojson.org/GeoJSON_Features that I could start
> working against?
>
> Regards,

FWIW, I have

   http://icon.stoa.org/pleiades-dev/places/temple/js
   http://icon.stoa.org/pleiades-dev/places/archaic/js
   http://icon.stoa.org/pleiades-dev/places/classical/settlement/js

etc. Any folder or object under /pleiades-dev/places has such a JSON
representation. I have some changes in mind for that JSON format, and
I'll run them past everybody tomorrow or early next week.

I'm interested in transactions too, but HTTP POST/PUT more than WFS-T.

Cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies