[GeoJSON] Integrating GeoJSON with other kinds of data via JDIL

chris goad chris at platial.com
Sat Jun 2 09:59:15 PDT 2007

Hi Allan,

> However, I'd like to see a
> few parallel examples of GeoJSON and GeoJDIL just to better
> understand the implications.

I added a very simple example of GeoJSON to the JDIL doc at
http://jdil.org/#GeoJSON  . It illustrates the basic point that GeoJSON can
be mixed into RSS providing, in effect, a JSON alternative to GeoRSS feeds.
Of course there are plenty of other examples (eg mixing in domain specific
vocabularies for things such as  weather or geology) that would further
emphasize the mixing-of-data point.  Do you have recommendations or
requests?  Once I get GeoJSON support into the Platial feeds, and include
domain specific content in those feeds (both of which are coming along
soon), plenty of examples will be available.

-- Chris