[GeoJSON] Integrating GeoJSON with other kinds of data via JDIL

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jun 1 09:23:56 PDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 12:13:39PM -0400, Panagiotis (Peter) A. Vretanos wrote:
> OK,
>
> If I understand that is happening ...
>
> To get GeoJDIL from the GeoJSON that my WFS generates I:
>
> 1) I add the @namespace attribute to declare my namespaces.

Yes.

> 2) I leave the "type": "Feature" line from GeoJSON (i.e. I do not map
> this to "@type")

Yes.

> 3) Add a and @type parameter (e.g. "@type": "myns:BUILTUPA_1M").

Hm. that's a point. Most people who think about 'types' in this way are
actually talking about feature types. I hadn't thaough about that. How
is 'myns:BUILTUPA_1M' described in the JSON now?

> 4) Tag all the property names appropriately with their corresponding
> namespace using the std "nmsp:property" notation.

You can. Any GeoJSON app I build will display attribute/property labels
as strings in the UI, so I won't do that for my data, but there's no
reason it shouldn't work.

> Does that sound about right?

Yeah. I'm not really sure what to do about '@type' -- it sounds like
your'e saying you have data which isn't exposed in GeoJSON, and will be
in GeoJDIL, and I don't really like that, and would like to think about
how to fix it.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt