[GeoJSON] Current state of the RFC

Andrew Turner ajturner at highearthorbit.com
Tue Apr 24 13:43:46 PDT 2007

By the way - I haven't seen anyone point out Google's Geocoder JSON response:

http://www.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/#Geocoding_Structured

Which is an encoding built on KML - which is nice, figure out all the
issues once, then just change syntax.

{
  "name": "1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA, USA",
  "Status": {
    "code": 200,
    "request": "geocode"
  },
  "Placemark": [
    {
      "address": "1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA",
      "AddressDetails": {
        "Country": {
          "CountryNameCode": "US",
          "AdministrativeArea": {
            "AdministrativeAreaName": "CA",
            "SubAdministrativeArea": {
              "SubAdministrativeAreaName": "Santa Clara",
              "Locality": {
                "LocalityName": "Mountain View",
                "Thoroughfare": {
                  "ThoroughfareName": "1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy"
                },
                "PostalCode": {
                  "PostalCodeNumber": "94043"
                }
              }
            }
          }
        },
        "Accuracy": 8
      },
      "Point": {
        "coordinates": [-122.083739, 37.423021, 0]
      }
    }
  ]
}