[GeoJSON] Aligning implementations

Jason Birch jb-geojson at jasonbirch.com
Fri Apr 13 18:06:35 PDT 2007

Allan Doyle wrote:
> Maybe flip it around and have
>
>    {
>       'id': '2',
>       'geometry': {'type': 'Polygon', ...}
>       'properties': {
>         'owner': 'Pete'
>         'lot':      {'type': 'Polygon', ...},
>         'building': 'default'  // same polygon data as for 'geometry'
>       }
> }

The buildings are essentially nested features of the parent (lot).  I
think I'd prefer to see something that had a consistent recursive
structure.  Hopefully nobody gets this complex, but something like this?

'lot':
{
   'id': 'lot.2',
   'geometry': {...},
   'properties':
   {
     'street': 'Jingle Pot Rd',
     'owner': 'Pete',
     'buildings':
     {
       {
         'id': 'building.22',
         'geometry': {...}
         'properties':
         {
           'address': '1990',
           'owner': 'Pete\'s Son'
         }
       },
       {
         'id': 'building.37',
         'geometry': {...}
         'properties':
         {
           'address': '1992',
           'owner': 'Pete',
           'deliverypoint':
           {
             'id': 'deliverypoint.186',
             'geometry': {...}
             'properties':
             {
               'note': 'Watch out for dog'
             }
           }
         }
       }
     }
   }
}

I think that I'd personally implement this as an array of the building
URIs within the lot record, but...

Jason