[GeoJSON] Aligning implementations

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Apr 10 06:11:49 PDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 09:55:04PM -0400, Chris Holmes wrote:
> Yeah, I don't really like that so much.  If you have multiple geometries
> people will probably want names for them.  Ie which one's the building
> and which one's the lot.  If you just have an array you don't know which
> is which.

It sounds to me like you're describing multiple features, not multiple
geometries. Can you explain why this isn't the case?

A feature is a combination of a geometry, attributes, and additional
metadata. (In OpenLayers, 'additional metadata' includes styling
information.) If the attributes are different for different geometries,
you have two features.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt